IEEE Electron Devices Society
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Student Chapter
|ABOUT US||DISTINGUISHED LECTURERS||EVENTS||CONTACT|
|The benefits of joining our chapter of
IEEE EDS are as follows:
1. Funding to invite EDS distinguished lecturer (list) from all across the globe to give talks at Illinois. Lecturers will be chosen through a vote by all EDS student members.
2. Discounts to 150 different IEEE EDS conferences (e.g. IEDM, VLSI, PVSC, ISPSD, CSIC, Transducers).
3. Eligibility for the IEEE EDS awards, including masters and Ph. D. fellowships (info).
4. Ability to request up to $1000 in additional funding for things such as networking events, poster awards, and food for seminars. The more members we have the more likely it is that we can get the maximum amount.
5. Access to the following journals: Transactions on Electron Devices, Electron Device Letters, and Transactions on Devices and Materials Reliability.
6. Free subscription to EDS Newsletter.
To become an EDS member you need to first become an IEEE student member. Please visit http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/join/index.html. Select the option “Student/Graduate Student Membership: For individuals studying at least part-time in a technology or engineering field at an accredited institution,” and click the “Begin join process” button, and follow the subsequent instructions. A student membership costs $32 for the year.
If you are already an IEEE student member, then just login to the IEEE shop https://sbwsweb.ieee.org/ecustomercme_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Login&SWECM=S&SWEHo=sbwsweb.ieee.org, and click on the membership link on the top. Then click on the IEEE Electron Devices Society (ED-015) link and add it to your cart. The EDS membership is $6 for students for one year as well.
IMPORTANT: Please email (email@example.com) when you finish registering with the subject heading, “new EDS member” and include your name. That way we can add you to our roster for future announcements specific to our chapter.